Help using USB DAC / output from NUC

Hi @Nick_Shiroi1,

Can you please use these instructions to access your ROCK data share and upload a copy of your RoonSever/Logs and RAATServer/Logs folder? I wonder if the HDMI shows up there at all.

I understand that for the NUC but why isnā€™t the Oppo being recognised continously by the MacBook? Seems weirdā€¦ Came up with a cunning plan today, not a long term solution. I got an optical out adapter hub thing for it and that works straight away with the Oppo!

Hope thats ok below for the logs?

Thank you so much for your help and advice with this!!

1 Like

Glad to hear youā€™ve got a workaround in place for the time being @Nick_Shiroi1!

Let me run the logs by the technical team to see if thereā€™s any info they can provide regarding the HDMI output on your NUC.

Hello @Nick_Shiroi1,

The technical team has confirmed that the NUC10 model is not supported at this time and thus we cannot guarantee that HDMI output will work.

Thank you for the logs, this is useful for QA purposes and weā€™ll keep these in mind as we consider expanding our NUC supported platforms.

If support is added in the future, we will be sure to update the ROCK KB article located here:
ROCK: Installation and Supported Models

Thatā€™s a shame - I still think itā€™s an issue with the Oppo USB DAC but weā€™ll see!!

Got my work around for now & thinking about another NUC as an endpoint that could use a toslink as an optical output to my Oppo

Thanks for all the comments / advice & help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.