Help with dropouts needed

Sorry mistyped, I meant the mac mini, your Roon Server. Should be plugged into the same switch as the Dev.

@Support
@Rugby

Thanks Rugby, that’s a little more tough since I have only one outlet near the Devialet.

I will try next time I turn the MacMini on. Could you please keep the log active andsee if that solved the problem?

thanks

@Support

I have plugged the Devialet into the same switch as the Macmini Roon Core using a Supra CAT6 cable.

I have played all day with no dropouts.

Have you managed to capture logs from my Roon Core to see if the network problem is gone?

Also, could you indicate what the kind of network problem it was?

Is it generally not a good idea to use cascade home based Ethernet switches? What should I be watching out for?

Hi John, if you read some of the product reviews of the Cisco SD2008; one of the ways it begins to fail is by losing a ton of packets. I would get a cheap Netgear 8 port switch and replace the Cisco to see if that makes a difference.

As to cascading switches? There really should not be an issue if they are all working properly. I have localized gigabyte switches at the end of the cable runs in my house.