Help with network drive/Nativ Vita issue

Hi @support,

All-first time poster-thank in advance for help.

I just got a Nativ Vita and I am having difficulty successfully setting it up as a network drive as described in the Vita and, to a lesser extent, Roon manual. I am getting an error that says ‘Not Authorized’.

A summary of my setup follows:

Cable model connected to switch in which is plugged a Luma mesh network wifi router. I have 3 Lumas throughout the house.

My Roon in installed on a Windows 10 PC connected by ethernet to one of the Luna routers.

My Vita is connected by ethernet to a different Luna router. I attempted to add the Vita as follows \\192.168.55.148\vita
as described in the docs for Vita and Roon.

It seems as though it clearly ‘found’ my Vita, but won’t let me in even though the Vita documentation explicitly states no username or password is required as it is open.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I moved this post into the “Support” category in the forum, and am flagging @support for you…

Hi @Steven_Weber ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us. The feedback is very appreciated!

Moving forward, I just took a look through Nativ Vita’s user guide for integrating with Roon to confirm the steps you’ve mentioned thus far. Based on your observations, my assumption (due correct me if I am wrong) is that you are using the Nativ Vita version 1, correct? Based on the information in manua,l in conjunction with what you’ve provided, it looks like you are using the correct file path (i.e \192.168.55.148\vita) :thumbsup:.

In light of the above would you kindly provide me with the following:

1. The make and model switch you are implementing in your setup.

2. Can you verify for me that you are able to successfully ping the IP address given to the Nativ Vita (192.168.55.148) from the device hosting your Roon core. ’

-Eric

1 Like

Hi – thank you so much. I actually solve this question.

Best
Steven

1 Like

Hi @Steven_Weber ---- Very glad to hear! Well done :thumbsup:

If you wouldn’t mind, could you please share what the resolve was, just in case anyone else encounters a similar issue?

Many thanks!
-Eric