Help with streaming to chromecast devices

Hi Jonas

I just set the dsp back to default and I didn’t see the power of two. Is there another option to default?

Alex, i did it under sampler rate conversation at the gear icon and “Reset to default”. It appeared immediately after that.

Regards
Jonas

Ok, that’s what I did. I will try again later. For now the chromecast flow says its enhanced and before it said lossless. Perhaps its a step in the right direction?

Some people always upsample and say it sound better. Don´t think max or power of 2 makes a big difference. Soon or later we will have an update… And then we can think about if it actually sounded better upsampled or should we go back to lossless :grin:

1 Like

You wont as it will only go to to 48/24 , only ChromeCast Audio pucks go higher in Roon. They use some method in the API that no one else uses to determine the highest rate the device supports and its always wrong @support this really needs to change. Its annoying as it cobbles devices that are capable of more. As I know the link can handle 96/24 as can my Naim Atom i can send this via other methods yet Roon will downsample anything higher than 48/24.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.