Help with Volume Control Extension for B&O Speakers (i.e. Beolab 50)

Roon Core Machine

Taiko Audio Extreme on Windows 10 IOT running Roon Core 1.8 Build 814 (64bit)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear RAX200, all connections wired Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

B&O Beolab 50 via USB with Taiko custom ASIO driver

Number of Tracks in Library

10,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I am running Roon Core on a Taiko Audio Extreme which is connected to a pair of B&O Beolab 50 speakers via USB using a custom ASIO driver which will not exchange volume information between Core and the Beolabs. However the Beolabs have a build in digital master volume control which controls the volume of all inputs.

The Roon Core is set to fixed volume as per default and even setting it to DSP volume control obviously maxes out at the volume which is set as current master volume on the Beolabs. Raising the master volume in order to be able to properly use the Roon DSP volume control is not a good idea as this affects also all other inputs which would be too loud in this case.

So my goal is to use the Roon volume control to directly control the master volume of my Beolabs. Unfortunately I am not able to program myself and was hoping for somebody to help me with this.

Background information:

1. There are various extensions that do the job for other manufacturers like Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, etc. My guess is that those extensions may be used as a basis for this request.
  2. The Beolabs can be controlled via API, there is a very good documentation of the API which contains all needed information on GET/PUT states for Mute, Volume, Continuous Volume
    BeoNetRemote Client API

My guess is that everything is available in order to create an extension to fulfill this request.

BTW: as all B&O speakers can be controlled via this API, this extension would be beneficial for other B&O owners as well.

Is there anybody out there who could help me with this?

A solution would be nothing but amazing! Thank you sooooo much!

Best wishes,
Markus

Any ideas on this request?

I am pushing this as I haven’t found a solution yet :frowning_face:

Hey, I’ll do this, just send me a pair of BeoLab 90s and I’ll get right on it… :wink:

Seriously no one has built this because no one has B&O speakers to test with. There are always gotchas to API implementations you don’t discover until you have the actual device to test against.

Learn some Javascript. It’s not that hard.