HEOS Link With Roon

Hi anyone have any ideas on how to make the HEOS Link a Roon endpoint?

You can’t Heos is a closed system. Unless you can plug another device into it and use a Roon supported device Heos is not supported.

It’s supposed to do AirPlay, meaning you can use it with Roon as endpoint through AirPlay.

I bought a Chromecast Audio device and plugged it into my Heos link. The Chromecast Audio is a Roon endpoint. I can access my Heos app and select the input (Aux Input) on the Heos Link and the use Roon to control what music is feed to that Heos input. You still need to use the Heos app to control the volume on your Heos devices. It works pretty well, once you select the Aux Input and set the Heos volume, you can minimize the Heos app and control your music selection from the Roon app.

1 Like

I’m just playing TIDAL through the new Heos Soundbar via the Heos app. Well I’m not but my wife is. I’m playing TIDAL MQAs via my Roon Nucleus and KEF LS50W standing on either side of the soundbar.

I just started using Roon. I have Roon playing on my main Theater system that is not a HEOS device however, I have a HEOS link attached to it. I can control the receiver via HEOS and then link all other devices together for party mode.
What I’m doing is telling the HEOS link to output the sound from the receiver to the other HEOS devices and it works well. You have to make sure that the sync is as quick as possible, 40ms.
The downside is the volume control. I put the sound how I want it on all devices and have the Roon volume at 50 to 60 percent. Then I can do an overall volume for the sound being sent to the other HEOS devices.

1 Like