Hi End Munich 2019

And I’m not sure you’d want to invite @Dick_Vliek over - it sounds like he wants to swing on them cables…

And I thought it was the little kids you’d need to be worried about… :grin:

1 Like

The kid in me is luckily still there!

1 Like

Trust me, you don’t want to know.

The person who took the 45 web pages of photos did an incredible job.

I attended the Munich Show a few years ago. These pictures really give you a sense of the scale of the show and the effort by the exhibitors who go all out to show their products. Axpona doesn’t come close.

The diversity of speakers, electronics, cables, turntables, and of course the tweaks is mind boggling. A reminder that the journey is a large aspect of the enjoyment of this hobby.

1 Like

I know billionaires say buy me 300sq m of art. I didn’t realise that buy me 10m deep of hifi was a thing!

It all reminds me of this run through of an Audiophiles set up. Around 6 minutes in he starts to talk utter nonsense about tuning his room acoustics with some strange little devices, try not to laugh…

1 Like

Absolutely - big kudos to them. Many high quality photos of each room and seemingly all the rooms covered.

Hmmm, reminds me when I purchased an Acoustic Revive RR-77.

So what does this amazing device do? Well, let’s first look at some background. When solar radiation strikes the Earth’s outer atmosphere, molecules like NO, N2 and O2 are ionized to produce a positively charged layer called the ionosphere. The surface of the Earth has a negative charge of electricity due to transfer of electrical energy from the atmosphere. The portion of the atmosphere between the positively charge ionosphere and the negatively charged Earth surface acts as a natural capacitor where charges build up and then discharge in the form of electrical storms. These electrical storms produce electromagnetic waves in the very low frequency and extremely low frequency ranges. These naturally produced electromagnetic waves are attenuated by the ionosphere and the Earth’s charged surface which functions as a waveguide. These attenuated electromagnetic waves travel around the world in the atmosphere as standing waves at the frequency of 7.83Hz and its harmonics, known as the Schumann resonance.

Some scientists believe that over evolutionary time, biological organisms evolved to use the Schumann resonance phenomena as one mechanism for maintaining biological health. For an example, they point to the human brain’s electromagnetic waves that are synchronized to the Schumann frequency. In studies when people were shielded from the naturally occurring Schumann resonance frequency, their circadian rhythms were disrupted and they began to experience migraine headaches, emotional stress and other health issues. When exposed to Schumann pulse generators of 7.83Hz, their symptoms disappeared.

As hifi enthusiasts know, there is a lot of electromagnetic ‘pollution’ from signal transmissions in modern times that can degrade a system’s performance. It would appear that Schumann pulse generators like the Acoustic Revive RR-77 provide a shield for EM pollution. It stands to reason that if a Schumann pulse generator can shield a human body from harmful EM contamination and provide positive benefits, it might do the same thing for our HiFi rigs - which is exactly the premise behind the Acoustic Revive RR-77.

Oh, the RR-77 is sitting in my A/V cabinet near my Devialet and Roon devices. Sometimes I use it, just to remind myself that I didn’t make a foolish purchase. :wink:

2 Likes

This looks like it could have been interesting:

I think there is too much emphasis placed on equipment isolation when really it is the listener that needs to be isolated from the harmful electrostatic influences of interaction with “ground”.
I utilise a pair of isolating full foot devices which have been especially coated with rare earth materials. They are produced on a to order basis. (Waiting times are based on local rainfall.)

9 Likes

Must sound great in the listening room but also looks mighty helpful for Glastonbury.

Don’t forget the rain poncho too!

1 Like