Hi I'm Michael, new Product Manager. Let's Chat!

Hi Michael,
When I found ROON it was the answer to all my hifi problems :slight_smile:
I’ve been a fan of Meridian Audio kit for many, many years and now have systems in 4 separate rooms. When I get round to building my workshop that will make 5. I tried the Meridian multi room control system but it is so clunky that it was no use to me.
I have lots of physical CDs but finding the right one and sharing between rooms is tough. I have ripped them into Apple Music (well iTunes originally) which helps finding them but doesn’t solve the multi room problems.
And then you start buying albums as digital downloads in higher resolution and bit rates. And then you sign up to a streaming music service, in my case Qobuz. Music stored all over the place!
I also listen to a lot of radio during the day but all the stations I enjoy are slowly moving off FM onto DAB. DAB often poor quality. Planet Rock, my favourite radio station, broadcasts in Mono! But on internet streaming its in reasonable quality stereo.
So ROON with its enhanced library functions, multi room capability, streaming and Live radio capabilities solves all these problems. After a short trial I bought a life membership.
But now Bauer Radio, the owners of Planet Rock and a lot of other popular internet radio stations here in the UK, are changing their streaming interface to require you to log in. See

So very soon I will no longer be able to listen to my favourite radio station from within ROON. Which means that now I’m going to have to go back to using multiple user interfaces again. What a pain, especially as most of the Apple macs I’m using for ROON endpoints do not have displays!
I want ROON to address this problem of having to log into Bauer Media stations. After all where one stations leads, others will soon follow. And Sonos has fixed the problem with an add on “App”

Thanks
Adrian