Hi Res stuttering playback, only with Roon!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini / OS X / Roon latest

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Playback is all directly wired stereo system. Control of head system via wifi. Music never touches WiFi or Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mac Mini out to Berkeley Audio USB converter to Berkeley Audio Dac 1 to Luxman Class A Amp to Speakers.

Description Of Issue

Any Hi Res files of 96/176/192 K @ 24 bit sounds like stuttering ■■■■■ I use Amarra and it works just fine. I like the database functions of Roon, but Amarra is far better in audio delivery. Seriously it is terrible stuttering. Give me a simple solution, am I doing something wrong. It is NOT a network buffering issue, so dont come at me with that.

Never mind I fixed it by increasing the delay when changing sample rates. I set it to the max wait time in the settings and now it works nicely. Sorry, but glad I figured it out.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.