Hiccups in the music

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac late 2013 OS Mojave version 10.14.6 processor 2,7 GHz Intel core i5 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have Tidal and Roon but sometimes when I play music from Tidal there are hiccups in the music or the music stops suddenly.

I have everything with cables (not wifi) I play with a bluesound node 2 and run the core on my iMac.

Can you help me.

With kind regards Wim Tjoelker

What are your DNS settings?

On a Speedtest.net what is your internet speed?

My internetspeed is 250 mb

Hi @Wim_Tjoelker,

Does the same behavior occur if you play to the system output of your Core machine instead of the Bluesound?

Hi Dylan

I don’t know but i will try. Thank you for thinking with me. Sorry for my bad English.

With kind regards ,

Wim Tjoelker

If you run Tidal on the Node instead of Roon, does the problem get worse, better, or remain the same?
Can you try a different lossless stream to see if the issue is specific to Tidal, as this can be the case.
Internet line speed is rarely the problem, and a reliable connection with just 3 or 4 meg can be fine. The issue is often more to do with latency, which is mostly out of your control, although different devices buffer the stream differently, so some may be more immune to dropouts than others.

Hello Chris,

When i run only tidal i don t have any problems.With roon i stream MQA and cd quality than i have the problems. But it is very strange now i’m playing several days without problems but i have had that before and i know the hiccups will come again.
When i use only Tidal i use the bluesound app in combination with bluesound on my imac(2013)
My internetspeed is 250 mb( i dont use wifi)

Thank you for thinking with me, i hope you understand my English.
Kind regards,
Wim

It can be difficult to diagnose these problems. You can check your own network. Even something as simple as a damaged Ethernet cable can affect performance. Other than that, the connections between your router and Tidal’s various servers are out of your control. Perhaps Roon Support will have some other suggestions.

Hi @Wim_Tjoelker,

Thanks for confirming that the Bluesound app works as expected. When this issue occurs again, can I please ask you to run the following test?

• Note the exact local time + date of the strange behavior (e.g. 10:36AM on 9/3/19) and let us know this info

• Try the “System Output” zone on your Core and verify if it occurs at the same time as well

With this test in mind, I am hoping to differentiate if it is a temporary networking issue or if it is an issue affecting just your Bluesound zone. Also, I would double check that your Bluesound DAC is using the newest firmware, you can use the BluOS app to check this aspect. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.