Hiccups when playing DXD multichannel

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Exasound Play Point 1.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Exasound DAC E28 with USB connection.

Description Of Issue
After installing the new Roon release, I get hiccups in the music when playing DXD multichannel.

I play from a hard disc directly connected to the Exasound Play Point and Exasound E28 DAC.

I have no problems playing 256DSD surround

Are you doing any processing or conversion?

Hi @Frans_Kregting,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Signal Path when you have problematic media playing?

Thers no processing, zie screenshot.

Hi @Frans_Kregting,

Thank you for sharing that screenshot. Can you please confirm if lower sample rate 6ch files play as expected? If you don’t have any to test, you can download a few from the 2L Test Bench

Good afternoon,
I have listened extra to an album with a resolution of 24 bit 352 samples with 2 channels, I have not had any problems with this.
Frans Kregting

Hi @Frans_Kregting,

In my last question, I was more curious if 96kHz/24-bit/6ch content also displayed this issue or if it was just limited to DXD. Can you try playing one of the 96/24/6 sample tracks from the Test Bench Site and let me know if that works as expected?

I have not had any problems with this album.

HI @Frans_Kregting,

Thanks for confirming 96kHz 6ch content plays as expected.
I’d next like to take a look at the original media you used to report this issue.

Can I please request that you send it to me via Dropbox / Google Drive?
If you don’t have either service, let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Thanks!

I don’t know how dropbox works and I don’t use another app. It doesn’t matter which track or album from DXD 5.0 ​​or 5.1 I play, there are always a number of hickups per track.

HI @Frans_Kregting,

I just sent you alternate upload instructions. Please upload the original file so that we can test it on our end, thanks!

I have now uploaded the file: 01_BACH–Inside-Polyphony_2L_2L139_6chDXD.

1 Like

Hi @Frans_Kregting,

Thank you for sending that file over, I have forwarded it to our hardware team for testing.

Hello @Frans_Kregting,

We were able to reproduce the dropouts when playing the file on the Exasound Playpoint core. We will be reaching out to Exasound for further investigation, we’ll keep you in the loop.

-John

Hello, It has been more than two months since I reported this problem, since then I have not heard from Roon or eXasound regarding this problem. Can you tell me if there is a solution or when I can expect it?

Hello @Frans_Kregting,

I sincerely apologize, it appears that there was a misunderstanding between the Exasound and Roon support teams regarding this issue which caused this gap in communication.

We worked with the Exasound to thoroughly investigate this issue, they requested that you reach out to them in order to work directly with their support team.

Please email customerservice@exaSound.com with a description of your issue and they will take care of you.

-John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.