Hierarchy of metadata source?

Description of Issue

I have been trying to get metadata for one single (Zutomayo - 正しくなれない (From THE FIRST TAKE)).

I started with finding a release in MusicBraniz (Release group “正しくなれない (From THE FIRST TAKE)” by ずっと真夜中でいいのに。 - MusicBrainz). But I never could identify the album in Roon. It was odd as at the same time I have also found a release for another single (Release group “正しくなれない (From THE FIRST TAKE)” by ずっと真夜中でいいのに。 - MusicBrainz) and I could search for in Roon.

I was curious on this phenomena so I have done some investigations:

1. This is not because the Roon library has not been refreshed as the information has been on MusicBraniz since 2021.
  2. It is not about artist or album name I used for search, as I can identify the artist’s other albums and the data was clearly fetched from MusicBrainz.
  3. Then I checked on all music, and I can only found the single that I can identify in roon
    Zutomayo Albums and Discography | AllMusic

So, my assumption is I could identify the second single because there was metadata from Allmusic. In that case, why can’t metadata from MusicBrainz get through in this case? Feel like some release are excluded from metadata library.

It looks like it’s indexed under its English translation: Try searching in the identification wizard using search terms:

Artist: Zutomayo
Album: Can’t Be Right

Hi Joel

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately the search result I got is another release (Release group “正しくなれない” by ずっと真夜中でいいのに。 - MusicBrainz) instead of the one I am looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.