Hifi Pig review of Nucleus +

Judging by the growing number of support threads for the Nucleus I would say the plug and play is not always true.

I think that is to be expected. The support threads are in a large part about computer literacy. The one thing that maybe needs looking at is more obvious direction to the need to update before you try to use the thing because a fair number are hanging/cannot connect problems due to the machine running old code.

1 Like

Or just plain old network config issues, combined with the xmos fun.

1 Like

I agree with you Tony. Got my ROCK running on an i5 NUC in a fanless Akasa case. Total cost £350. It’s been solid.

£350 how do manage that? The NUC itself is normally that much.

I bought the NUC used on e-bay for £200 inc. memory and SSD. The Akasa case cost £80. The remaining £70 was on a decent linear power supply for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just ordered a custom i7 gen 7 silent system, it’s not a NUC and comes with their own designed and custom manufactured case for £560 plus 3 year warranty. I plan to run ROCK on it as I do on my current i3 non NUC pc.

1 Like

very nice :slight_smile:

Got to wait a while before it arrives as they are built to order. Really good service so far though. Hopefully it performs well.