Hey All. Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions you may have. I have been running Roon for the past year with the following setup:
- Endpoint: HifiBerry Digi+ Standard, Pi3, Ethernet
- ATV3: Using for my wife so she can AirPlay Tidal without having to learn Roon. I also don’t want to share a Roon library with her. Sorry, not sorry.
- DAC: Integrated into my Amp
- Amp: Peachtree Decco (original V1)
- Source: Mainly standard CD’s, although I’d like to venture into higher res stuff.
I will be replacing the Peachtree with a Fisher 500C Tube Amp, and am considering two scenarios:
Replacing the Digi+ board on my HifiBerry with a Dac+ Pro board. In this case I will have to buy a separate cheapo DAC for the ATV to connect to the Fisher. DAC suggestions welcome.
Connecting the Digi+ to a DAC (under $200), then to the Fisher. I was thinking of the Schiit Modi 2 Uber. In this scenario I can run the ATV to the Modi2 Uber which allows switching inputs.
Generally speaking, is there anything I’m not considering here? Potential issues? Other/better options?
Bonus: If you’re familiar with the Fisher 500C, would you happen to know what Input I could use, besides Aux, for the ATV If I decide to go with scenario 1?