HiFiBerry Digi+ PRO no show

Yep. Screen needs to be attached while installing/running for the first time.

Last Q…
Is it possible to force an update? Currently version 099 and not updating during nigtly update or powercycling.
It seems that I need a newer version to get the display extension to work.

/t

Hmmm… basically it should update automatically.
Can you send me feedback?

However, the display extension should work, also in that version. Did you enable it in Roon?

b259b2fb0c23d593
There is nothing to enable in the Extensions “tab”. I read that someone else had to get a newer version to get it working again.

/t

ok, you’re unit tried to reboot last night, but failed because of an internet connection not working.
So either you reboot it now and let it sit there for an hour or so, or you need to figure out why your unit does not have a valid internet connection.

Thanks,

Back again.
The Internet problem was a bad internal dns server :frowning:
Updates works well now however I’m unable to get the display extension working. The information tab shows no sign of the the Roon remote package installed.

I’ve just sent feedback if you have time to help me out (a558952489adf89d) Thanks in advance.

/t

You might consider reflashing the SD card as a first step, as this will fix a variety of ills. The display software is only installed during the initial process.

I did that just before i wrote this message using the 20180521 release, but i can try that again if you like.

/t

To confirm a few things:

1. In the RoPieee GUI there is a display tab, and the Roon zone is spelled correctly?

2. In Roon settings — Extensions there is nothing to enable? It doesn’t show up?

1. The display tab and the Roon Zone are both spelled the same
  2. No nothing there. I had the system up and running some months ago, but as you could see earlier in this thread my RPi went bust.

I just did another reflash with same result. New feedback at 32976cc1857b4c3d

/t

Hi @Tomas_Prybil,

There’s still something wrong with your internet connection. I see multiple ‘could not resolve host’ messages, resulting in a failed download of multiple software components. It only seems DNS related btw.

Hope this helps you in finding the issue.

Regards Harry

@spockfish is it possible to force the installation again from cli or do I need to reflash again?

Hmmm… that might run into trial and error, but let’s give it a try. Login and run the following command:

/opt/RoPieee/lib/install_touchscreen

:-o

Thanks again for your great piece of software
/t

This table shows the list of RoPieee’s software components and their version numbers.

Package Version
ropieee 20180520-2
ropieee-version 110-1
ropieee-web 20180520-2
linux-raspberrypi-dsd 4.14.41-1
qt5-base-ropieee 5.9.5-1
qt5-declarative-ropieee 5.9.5-1
qt5-graphicaleffects-ropieee 5.9.5-1
qt5-quickcontrols2-ropieee 5.9.5-1
qt5-xmlpatterns-ropieee 5.9.5-1
ropieee-remote 20180520-1
ropieee-touchui 20180515-1