HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro - Recognized by Roon Core but doesn't play [Resolved - New Router]

Ok, could you try with a different router? Or insert a GB switch to connect the PC, the RPi and the router? In this scenario the router should have only the role of access the Internet and wifi enabler.
Best regards,

Hi @Matthew_Clegg, the Bitdefender has been disinstalled and the Window firewall is OFF

Hi @Giulio_Salvioni , I donā€™t have another router and a GB switch as wellā€¦ anyway the problem is the LAN and 99% is the router. Following your thread I read that you mentioned one time to connect directly the PC to the RPi. I tried right now and the RPi/HifiBerry is playing :slight_smile:
I one side I am happy to know that the whole system CORE + RPI is working but I need anyway to solve the problem of the router that will be very difficult. I tried 2 years ago to access to the setup for other reasons and the web application is ONLY in koreanā€¦ really frustating :frowning: The problem is that in Korea the router manage not only the wifi but even the TV and I can change it with another brandā€¦

Just to confirm your MTU should be 1500 to ensure no jumbo frames

Ok, the solution could be to try with an affordable GB switch like the one Iā€™m using in my home network (Netgear GS108T-200GES Switch ProSAFE Smart Gigabit (62,00 ā‚¬ on Amazon) or even a smaller one. You could connect your PC and RPi to this switch and the switch itself to a free port on the router.

Thanks Giulio,
Actually I was thinking to keep the Korean router only for the TV and buy another router for the rest of my lan including wifi connected to one port of the existing oneā€¦ I am not an IT expert but you think will work?

No, this is not a good idea. Keep your existing router and let it act as the DHCP server and wifi access point. You only need a ā€œstupidā€ but reliable gigabit switch (Netgear is my advice). Assuming that youā€™re not an IT expert I suggest an unmanaged gigabit switch which is btw cheaper than mine.
Best regards

Grazie Giulio,
I think that is not a good solution in my case.
The PC is now connected with the ethernet cable to the router but only for troubleshoot this problem. Normally my pc should stay in my studio that is in the other side of the house and I can connect only through wifi.
Also, I need to use the Roon remote in my mobile and I am not sure it will work with a GB switch

Thanks anyway for your helpā€¦ appreciate :slight_smile:

Non cā€™ĆØ di cheā€¦
As for the remote you will not have any problem adding a gigabit switch to your modem router. WiFi connections would still be managed by that unit. The only problem is the wireless connection between the ROON core (your PC) and everything else (i.e, your HiFiBerry).
Best regards,

Hi @Eric, @Giulio_Salvioni and everyone help me with my router problem.

Today I get a NetGear router from a friend and everything is working well. The PC is in wifi (back in my room), the HifiBerry and the NAS are wored to the router and everything is fine :slight_smile:

I just have a problem with the Roon remote installed in my Iphone. To make it work I need to ā€œoffā€ the windows firewall. With the firewall ā€œonā€ everything is ok but the Remote.

I will look in the forum aboutā€¦ I am sure someone already solved :slight_smile:

Thanks to all of you for your kind support!

Cheers,
Enrico

1 Like

Ciao,
Iā€™m happy that your problem has been solved. As for the Windows firewall I canā€™t help you because I donā€™t use it. My security relies on a more robust appliance (Sonicwall).
Best regards,

Hi @enrico_calzona ----- Thank you for the follow up and glad to hear things are now working as expected :clap: :thumbsup:

Moving forward, in regard to the firewall, you are going to want to add inbound security exceptions for ā€œRoonā€ and ā€œRAATServerā€. Information on how you can perform this procedure can be found here.

-Eric