High bitrate live radio - stopping constantly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Linux x64/QNAP NAS/1.7 (571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet/Sotm 200Ultra

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chord M Scaler (USB)/Chord Dave (Dual BNC)

Description Of Issue
High bitrate radio station like ‘JB Radio-2’ is stopping and not auto-resuming when network gets slow.
Station can run for about 2-3 minutes, then it gets cut off. I then need to press the play manually to get it going again.
Could you please add auto-resume for these cases?

Thanks,
Stefan

3 posts were split to a new topic: Radio Paradise playback issue

I suspect it’s stopping at the end of each track. It’s a known bug which affects those radio stations playing flac streams with metadata via an Icecast server.
See

Roon are aware.

@BrianW, actually in my case the stream stops at any moment. It is not related to tracks.

Ok, I don’t see that problem.
Is the 192 stream worse than the 96?

Hi @StefanK,

Does this happen with a different stream or station?

I did some more testing and it turns out I was wrong. Stream is really terminated after each track and not at random on both 96 and 192 versions of JB Radio-2.
On the Radio Paradise World-Etc the stream is getting cut randomly, but it also resumes automatically after a short 3-4 second break.
I wasn’t able to find other stations with the same issue as JB Radio-2.

Those stations should really be binned until they work correctly.

I think you’re right, it only causes confusion. I’ll turn them off for now and put a pinned post up explaining things.

I’ll also post the URLs so people can add them to their own library If they wish.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.