NUC i7-8559U
16GB DDR4
SSD 500gb
Windows 11 64bit

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet Cable
NAS zyxel 520

Connected Audio Devices

Remote desktop from PC, Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 (amplifier)

Number of Tracks in Library

48k albums, about 548k tracks

Description of Issue

Roon takes about 25% of CPU when idle - no scanning in background, run at least since 10hours, no big updates of library files, 99.9% of files sound analized.

Funny thing - when I move a window it drops CPU usage to 10%…see on video.
Roon load - 10 hours

After 2 x restarts of roon when it scans my library it takes 5-35% of CPU (only !!!)
Load during scanning huge library.
but after:

• first restart - stops at 83% memory load - CPU idle 3-5%
  • second one - stops at 76% memory load- CPU Idle 1-2%

I observed before last update that my Memory load was about 65% which rised up to 95% after few days… then it needed restart. It IS a common issue.

I know that it is an old topic, but I hope that talking about it will change something…

Hi @Grzegorz_Gromadzki,

We’re sorry to hear that you were seeing high CPU usage on your Windows 11 NUC. We made a few changes in our most recent release that should have helped with this. Has this been resolved since installing Build 923? If not, we’d be happy to jump in and take a closer look. We’ll be watching for your reply. Thanks!

Hi,
Thanks for remembering about my case :slight_smile: Hard to say… I recorded video for you:

But after I recorded it and waited like 5-10 minutes everything is normal now…2% CPu and about 6.2 gb memory load… But check video how it looks during scanning and after. I don’t know whatt is happening after scanning - there are some background operations on ssd but no status infos about it. Also - every restart I need to confirm Qobuz login error - but only press “retry” without checking password etc.

OK…I think that the issue is with Windows 11 remote desktop. I have core on NUC in living room, connected with my main computer via windows remote desktop. After restarting Roon, rescanning files all is good 1% CPU usage, but reconnecting Remote desktop gives me 25%… Sadly disablin WDDM for remote desktop doesn’t solve the case…All is on video.

Have you tried using the free versions of Splashtop or Teamviewer instead of WRD?

Yes, it helps when using teamviewer, you are right. In my case the problem is with that today I can also work with WRD (for local network is better than lagging teamviewer)…and I don’t know why. Propaby there is some issue with Roon app or my config. Maybe someone else have the same problem as I.
obraz

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.