High CPU Usage on Mac Mini 2018

This is kind of a hijack, but since everyone on this thread is used to checking CPU usage, I’m asking for help.

In the thread CPU spikes every 30 seconds, I brought up a problem a very long time ago. The Roon people seemed to lose interest, saying that there have been no other similar reports. Quoting my original post:

“I have various combinations of Roon, Roon Server and Core running on Macs. I’ve noticed that the CPU consumption spikes just about every 30 seconds in all instances. Depending on the power of the Mac, this is anywhere between 40 to 150%. The spike only last for a couple of seconds, but is worrying nonetheless, because it happens when I’m not doing anything in Roon, anywhere.”

This problem has persisted across OS upgrades, including BigSur. I have Roon Server on a late 2014 Mac mini, and Roon running on an iMac and a MacBook Pro. Every 30 seconds, there is this CPU spike. It happens at the same time on the server and the client, and also happens on the server with no clients connected. I’d be really grateful if Mac people out there could see if they see the same behaviour. It just involves running Activity Monitor’s CPU tab with 1 second updates, with “Roon” typed into the search field. Then stare at the CPU consumption. I see the spikes every 30 seconds, and they last a second or two.

Thanks!