High Res Audio with Chromecast not working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.8 (Build 764) Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet Network (wired)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Anthem AVM70
Nvidia Shield Pro 2019

Description Of Issue

I can’t stream High Res audio (FLAC) through Chromecast on either the AVM70 or the Nvidia Shield. Everything shows as 44/16 on the Anthem information menu. Any idea why?

Hello @Jean_Sebastien_Grise and welcome to the forum.

ChromeCast is limited to max 48/24 I guess. 96/24 for devices that properly support the signaling (like for example the ChromeCast Audio).

Doesn’t sound plausible. Would expect downsampling to 48/24 for compatibility. Maybe you don’t play high resolution FLAC files but MQA (FLAC) files instead?

Hey @BlackJack,

Thanks for stepping in and bringing up such valuable resources. I’m grateful :pray:

@Jean_Sebastien_Grise, did you get a chance to experiment more with your setup? Is your Signal path still showing 44/16? If so, could you please share a screenshot of your signal path?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.