High resolution files

It doesn’t work here.

Mario, how did you connect your Directstream to Raspy?
My streamer is connected to dac via I2s, using a self made I2s/hdmi output card.
This streamer plays 24/352 and DSD128 with Moode and DietPi.

I have another streamer with “standard” AudioGd I2s/hdmi output module.
Let me try that…

My Mac Mini connected via usb, plays 24/352 and DSD128

Ok, now it works (with the other streamer) !!!
It’s a matter of driver, I suppose, because using the same driver (Raspberry Pi Dac I2s), it’s still limited to 24/192 and DSD64.
Switching to the proper Hifiberry Dac+ Pro, it works up to 24/352 and DSD128.

The previous streamer is made with the Allo Kali reclocker, instead Hifiberry dac. It works with the generic Raspy dac driver only.

1 Like

Carlo, I have the same setup: pi3 / HiFiBerry DAC+Pro and that AudioGD I2S-to-HDMI modul.

At the moment I let Roon upsample everything to DSD128. No glitches so far. Thanks again to Harry and to you for opening this thread!

Btw, I am the ‘holzohr’ on PS Audio forum.

1 Like

Hi Mario, nice to see you here too. I’m “il Carletto” there.

Strangely, using the other streamer (Raspy Pi3, Hifiberry dac+ Pro and AudioGd I2s/hdmi module), Roon recognizes it and, according the setting tab, it should play up to 24/192 and DSD128, but it doesn’t sound at all.
Switching to Moode, it sounds regularly

@Carlo_Bettoni I want to make sure I understand you correctly: does it work for you now?

Apparently it works, but no sound.
As I wrote, in the setting tab, Roon recognizes the endpoint, but no sound.
No signal reaches the dac. There’s something wrong in my streamer.
It’s strange, because Moode works perfectly

That’s really strange. I have chosen the HiFiBerry DAC+Pro as HAT and deactived USB on the RoPieee settings.

The DS DAC should have more I2S-inputs!

Mhhhh, let me try…

No way… this is really strange.

Just tried Dietpi again. Same than Ropieee. Roon settings shows files up to 24/352 and DSD128, but no sound.
Moode works fine, instead. I’m confused.

Me as well… so you tried with which HAT?

No Hat, PS Audio Directstream via I2s/hdmi

I’m still confused… Why aren’t you using the same setup as @stiefel?

Confused, too. I have the setup that Carlo described in his first post:

I’m using Ropieee as Roon endpoint, on my streamer (RPi3 + Hifiberry Pro as reclocker + Audio Gd I2s output module) connected to my Ps Audio Directstream dac via I2s. Roon is running on a Mac Mini i5 2014.

The only difference seems that I use ROCK.

No, you use a hifiberry pro instead of the rpi dac. Or am I missing something?

Yes, I use the HiFiBerry DAC+Pro and its driver. I thought that Carlo was switching from RPi DAC driver to the DAC+Pro driver:

But then:

Not sure if @Carlo_Bettoni has tried it with the HiFiBerry DAC+Pro as HAT and its driver.