HighResAudio as a Roon service

To all of you: I just learned, that the issue of integrating HRA still is hot or at least not a ‘cold case’.

“Hot” as in “hot potato”?

Learned by what?

I could get the following info: “But when ROON allocates resources to an integration project, the business case must support the development effort and show signs of delivering a return on the development investment.” There have been talks on high level between the two companies this month with the outcome and hope, that “we’ll find a path forward with HRA soon.”

That could be good news for audiophiles!
HRA seems to be undermarketed outside Germany and I am not sure if they are aware of it. Hope they create a win-win-win-situation as also ECM-records informs me that e.g. the downloads in i-tunes might be scrubbed in the near future in favour of a captive subscription! Hope ROON will understand itself as Hub for true audiophiles, providing also sources for the download and purchase of top-recordings.

4 Likes

The content quality of HRA is definitely outstanding.

4 Likes

Hmmm, given they seem to have a lot of MQA masters some might want to disagree with that statement.

1 Like

The fact they do support MQA masters is a great news for lovers of ultimate quality. It will be great to have high res music whilst reducing the carbon footprint and wasted bandwidth of delivering it. So, another service would be welcome in Roon.

I think - whatever is the format - ROON shall be the number 1 in providing options to get the best recordings beyond being tied into one specific streaming subscription.
I love it, that there is increased interest in the community in this topic!

1 Like

Most if not all of the MQA content on HRA is for download only, as far as I can tell - and yes, I am a subscriber but do not use them as much DUE to the lack of Roon integration (as I have to use Audirvana for them instead).

In any case, the fact that they really certify the quality of their sources is a huge plus as opposed to those who just upsamble crap to make it look “hi-res”.

1 Like

Agree with you! Customer-Convenience ist first!

In mid-term: Most streaming services (Tidal, i-Tunes, Qubuz…) will further improve their quality and apps. So there must be a good value added for paying both for the streaming as well as for ROON.

I said the same and got censored. you must have an higher karma :joy:

1 Like

Carbon footprint? Is this a joke?

We can keep playing this game if you like. But, it’s probably better to go back to the topic of the thread.

1 Like

Its not a Game, and I was replying to a point directed at me. This is a legitimate subject for debate with reference to high res streaming, (whoever the supplier) something High Res Audio do. There are no down sides to right size packing of audio files for distribution in an ever expanding market. It’s just technically the right thing to do.

No, it is NOT. Please return to the topic of this thread.

1 Like

Hi,

Are there any plans for Roon to offer High Res Audio as a streaming service supplier?
Audirvana offers now an option to use High Res Audio as a supplier of streaming material.

Thank you in advance

Patrik Klangerstedt M.D.

1 Like

Still a feature request (see below). Do you know of any plans from Highresaudio to integrate their service into Roon?

6 results forhighresaudio #roon:feature-requests

I would love to see this as well, HRA is the main reason for me switching between Roon and Audirvana

4 Likes

Another vote for HIGHRESAUDIO to be integrated soon into Roon. Volumio offers HIGHRESAUDIO as a plug-in, and my Pro-ject Stream Box S2 Ultra, which I now use as a Roon endpoint, has offered HIGHRESAUDIO as one of the 4 music services built into the unit’s software (which is Volumio-based).

Come on Roon! It’s past time for this.

2 Likes