HiRes content not available in Roon for new Qobuz region accounts

Yes, concerned. As a lifetime subscriber to Roon almost since its inception, I am always concerned when things don’t work as expected. It’s not a dealbreaker, but here’s why it’s annoying. I might have several copies of an album show up in Roon–for example, one (or more) from Tidal, one (or more) from Qobuz and one (or more) from my library. I like to be able to pick which one to play, sometimes based its file attributes such as resolution. When the incorrect resolution appears in Roon for Qobuz albums or tracks, I can’t really do that because I have no idea what the resolution of the Qobuz file is until I begin to play it.
Again, concerned? Yes, because you marked your early response as a “solution”, when nothing was resolved. That would have had the impact of quickly closing this thread in the absence of further commentary. Thank you for changing that.
I am not asking for the “same streaming catalog in different regions”. Nor did I mention that. In fact, I can already see that for many recordings the catalog and resolutions are the same in Qobuz U.S. and Qobuz Brasil because I currently have accounts for both. What I can’t see is the proper and accurate details for those recordings displayed in Roon when using my Qobuz Brasil account. I can, however, see the correct resolutions if I use the Qobuz app with my Brasil account or if I switch back to the U.S. account in Roon–something I won’t be able to do for long. Roon is all about discovery, is it not? I don’t find it inconsistent that I should want those discovery aspects of the service to continue to work as they should.
If anyone is wondering why I have switched to the Qobuz Brasil account, the answer is simple. It costs about 40% of what a U.S account costs, when compared in US$. I also have a Tidal account in Brasil because it is about one-third of the cost of the U.S. account. I have homes and credit cards in Brasil and North America, so both options are open to me.
I also should add that from someone who works for what might be considered a bleeding-edge service that constantly attempts to improve itself, I find the response “I don’t like living on the bleeding edge (services, software/firmware updates, new hardware, etc.)” to be somewhat odd.

@joel, I had to read this several times, intending to comprehend and to make my mind up about your response.

To me it seems that you offer a non-answer. Rather you seem getting into an argument with your customers about what they may or may not perceive as a concern, and about ‘living on the bleeding-edge’. About that last observation just let me point out that Roon thrives by music lovers who dare to use bleeding-edge technology. And, of course, they have the legitimate expectation that things work as advertised. So should we take this as your advice to not just yet take up Qobuz in the recently activated regions, to give you time to sort out integration problems with Roon?

Why wouldn’t you simply point out where exactly the problem with this ‘labelling issue’ lies, and what is being done to resolve this, whatever time it may take. Help us understand, we are mostly quite appreciative when reasonably talked to.

2 Likes

I don’t want to add more to the latest posts, but I want to add something to the problem it self.

When I notice the problem I’ve open a new topic on the Roon Support (because I din’t find this one, sorry) and I’ve also contact Qobuz.
Qobuz answer me and told me that they already knew the problem and were already working on solving it with Roon team, this issue will be solve as soon as possible.

2 Likes

This issue continues. While some newly released hi-res albums and tracks are correctly labelled in Roon, most of the Qobuz hi-res catalog is not. Is any progress being made on bringing Qobuz subscribers in the “new” countries the same Roon experience as Qobuz subscribers elsewhere?

Hi @Toolio. Yes, progress is being made, but unfortunately the fix (on Qobuz’s side) is on the order of weeks rather than days. There is nothing we can do on the Roon side to expedite this. We started working with Qobuz to resolve this as soon as we knew that there was an issue.

Please rest assured that it’s being worked on; we’ll update you as soon as we have any more information.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. I appreciate the response.

1 Like

Hi everyone and thanks for your patience. Qobuz has delivered to us a completely fresh metadata export which has now been ingested into Roon’s systems. Hopefully, this will correct the published values for all HiRes content in the new Qobuz regions. (I’ve spot-checked a couple of albums and they now seem to be correctly showing the correct HiRes format.)

This metadata is now live on Roon’s servers, but for anything already in your library, it may take up to a week to correct itself.

5 Likes

Thank you @joel, in my Roon installation the labels were updated moments ago and now show the correct resolution info.

There still remains a problem with several Qobuz albums which in Roon are shown with all or nearly all tracks marked as ‘Unavailable’, when in the Qobuz app all tracks are available for playback. This makes me believe that it is not an issue of region-restricted availability. I thought this problem was related to the erroneous metadata, but apparently this is not the case.

What can be done in these cases?

Thanks again!

I would remove these from Roon’s library, restart the core and the synch Roon and Qobuz again. If they don’t show, start adding them again to your Roon library.

It could also be that the Qobuz versions you in your Roon library have been replaced by Qobuz with alternative ones. Roon does not replace these automatically.

Thank you @RBO, I will try what you propose.

Those are albums I have saved into my library during the last two weeks and even today, and they immediately showed up with the red ‘Unavailable’ tags… But let’s try your procedure, as the albums show with all tracks available in the Qobuz app… I’ll report back here…

1 Like

Fingers crossed my suggestion sorts it out :slight_smile:

I get unavailable tracks as well and it’s always due to them being replaced with other versions or removed from the streaming service due to licensing.

1 Like

I just tried with one of the affected albums, unfortunately without luck. I then looked again in the Qobuz app, and sure enough, the album shows up, but I now noticed that the tracks which are unavailable in Roon are shown in a slightly lighter grey than the only available track… The album shows in the artist’s discography, but with only one track really available. The other tracks show with correct metadata, but can only be played for a few second as MP3… I hadn’t noticed before the subtle difference in the track entry’s color…

So it seems as if this album really was missing in Qobuz. I will ask Qobuz support about this and some other albums which show the same behavior. Things like this convince me that I still can’t go entirely without Tidal…

Probably related to you due to regional licensing. It’s available for me here in the UK in its entirety.

That said, it won’t hurt messaging Qobuz directly or in the Qobuz Feedback thread on here.

1 Like

Thank you for checking. This is a bit weird, as the album is part of an ongoing series, and other albums from this series are fully available… Doesn’t make sense to me to show an album with one teaser track… Will contact Qobuz support to get their take on this.

Anyway, it’s definitely not a problem of Qobuz-Roon integration. As to that, all is well for now.

I also noticed that the purchase icon is greyed out for you, which means you cannot even purchase it. Definitely region licensing related.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.