History: "Edit Action Window" should automatically close after edits got applied [Ticket In]

Client Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.6 build 416 on MacOS 10.14.5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

n/a

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

n/a

Description Of Issue

When editing the history, the window presenting edit functions doesn’t close after edits got applied which always confuses me a little - I don’t use this functionality too often. To illustrate what I mean:

1. I want to remove a track from the history:

1. The “Action Window” opens (which is to be expected) and when selecting “Delete” I get a confirmation dialogue (also OK):

1. After selecting “Yes” I can see in the background that the selected track disappeares from the History. But this window remains open:

That is not what I would expect.

After the edit got applied it should automatically close, too. I can press cancel or click outside the window to get rid of it so I’m not stuck - still I think the behaviour should get changed. (Also since I could also press Move ore Delete - even so without any effect except triggering the confirmation dialogue again.)

Thanks for the feedback here, @anon47919701. I’ve passed this along to the team.

Also on Windows and Android builds.

Please close the History Editor pop-up window after performing a Delete Plays action on the current selection.

1 Like

Hi @BlackJack and @anon47919701,

Just wanted to reach out and let you know that our team has placed a ticket with the development team regarding this issue. I can’t provide any specific timeframes here but we will be sure to keep you updated.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Version 1.7 (build 505) stable (64bit)

Description Of Issue

Nothing major, but in the History panel, when deleting one or more plays, the dialogue window stays open even after the play has been deleted.

roon-delete_play-1

Thought you might wanna look into this.

Kind regards,

Arash

The entire functionality for deleting / moving plays should get a rework, I think. The way it’s now feels rather unergonomic.

Something like this comes to my mind:

That sounds like a feature request. I think Roon would appreciate a separate topic for this.

Maybe, maybe not - the fix could be a change to the procedure. :slight_smile:

I knew I’d seen the problem before, btw:

:sunglasses:

Maybe the topics should get merged.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.