Hitting authorization limit after restore

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS 10.15.5, 6-core iMac / 64 GB RAM

QNAP TVS-473 / 12 TB RAID 10 storage / 512GB SSD M.2 cache / 10gbE expansion adapter

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet; 10gbE via QNAP 10gbE and OWC T3 10gb

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

3.5mm out from Mac to DAC

Description Of Issue

Roon crashed yesterday morning. On restart, it asked me to re-login. After re-login, I get the following error:

Following information found in the knowledge base, I restored from a Roon snapshot. After restoring, I restarted the app. I re-chose my NAS, and the error appeared again. Following further information in the KB, I uninstalled Roon from my system. I re-installed, and received the following screen:

The cycle repeats itself. I had this happen a month or so ago and had to rebuild the entire core. Given the size of the core, rebuilding sucks. I have a huge collection of music in here.

What do I do to repair this?

At the unauthorise screen just click the unauthorize button and it will work fine.

1 Like

When I did that last time (over a month ago), doing that forced an index rebuild. Will that happen again?

Yesterday also restored my roon core from a backup, re-authorized and it didn’t re-index anything. Ymmv (but that would be a bug most likely)

1 Like

This worked – without any reindex. I don’t know why it forced a reindex last time, but everything is normal now. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @alphastanley,

Glad to hear that pressing unauthorize resolved this issue!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.