Intel i5 9400 - 16gb ram - Audiolinux OS - Roon Server

Network Details

Fiber 150mb Modem / 1000 switch

Audio Devices

Second Win 10 Pc in Home Office - i5/Gigabyte H310 mb/16gb ram/Win 10

Library Size

100k+ files

Description of Issue

In my Home Office I have another Pc (Gigabyte H310 mb/16gb ram/Win 10) in my wired network.
It is a regular modern Win 10 PC. I have Roon instaled in this PC (Regular Roon, not the server) (the server is the above Core Linux PC) I tested many Dacs (USB) but they did not show up in audio setings.
I connected AQ Dragonfly to this PC , it shows up in Win Audio, but it did not show up in Roon.
The only audio device that show up in this Pc is Intel Hda audio…

Have you added roon to the windows firewall?

I use BitDefender Firewall and Roon is allowed.
Roon opens normaly , but the Dac does not show up.

I noted that a DAC connected to the Core machine (Audiolinux) via USB is showing up in this Win10 machine.
Strange!!!

Ropieee based ethernet raspberry end points are showing up normaly!!

Hello @Antonio_Souza,

I am so sorry we’ve missed your post for two whole weeks. Please, accept my apology for the delay :pleading_face:

I was wondering, is Roon still having trouble seeing your DAC? Have things changed in any way since you created this post?

We’d love to help :nerd_face:

Hi @beka
I am receiving a new Dac today. I will post the results tomorrow.
Thanks
Antonio

1 Like

Hey @Antonio_Souza,

Thanks for the quick update :pray:

I hope it all goes much much better now :crossed_fingers:

Hi @beka ,

I tried my new modern DAC (Topping D10s) and it does not show up in Audio Setings!
I Also tried many other Brand name Dacs without sucess.
The Dacs show up in Windows, but not in Roon!!!
It is a very strange situation!
Thanks
Antonio

Thank you for keeping in touch, @Antonio_Souza and letting us know how things unfolded.

I noted that a DAC connected to the Core machine (Audiolinux) via USB is showing up in this Win10 machine.

I was hoping to get a little more info about what you meant when you said the above :nerd_face:

Also, while I know that Roon is set as an exception in your Firewall, I was wondering if you could please just temporarily completely disable the firewall and any antivirus that you may have. Do you see the Topping DAC in Roon?

If you navigate to Settings → Audio, does the DAC appear under “This PC”? Could you please share a screenshot of Settings → Audio, specifically the DAC, if you can see it :slight_smile:

Hi @beka

Yes, you reed it right, the Topping connected to the Core machine (Audiolinux) via USB is “showing up in this Win10 machine” (very strange…) (See 2nd photo)

I disabled the Firewall and Antivirus (Bit Defender), but the Topping still did not show up in Audio Setting. See 1st photo. The photos are labeled.

The First photo is the Topping connected in Win 10 pc. (Toping not showing)
The second one is connected to the Audiolinux Core machine (both via usb)

I am a experienced user, and I never saw this behavior!!!

Thanks Antonio

Hey @Antonio_Souza,

Thank you very much for answering my questions and for sharing the screenshots. I’ve looped in our technical team so they can continue to help figure this out :nerd_face:

Hi @beka ,
Any news?
Thanks
AntĂ´nio

Hey @Antonio_Souza,

I’m sorry - it has been a while :pensive:

Please, allow me to circle back to our technical team and get back to you :pray: