Hostname for Roon authorization server

Description Of Issue

Does the Roon authorization server(s) have a hostname I can use to configure my firewall?

I’ve been allowing 159.203.179.219 port 9200 outbound for a couple of years and it’s been working good for switching authorizations between my cores. I just added 104.196.171.218 port 9220 since I’ve been getting errors switching cores for the past couple of months and decided to check my firewall logs.

If you don’t have a hostname assigned to the IP addresses, can you list out all of the IP addresses used for authorization?

Hi @Bathyteuthis,

The best option is to put an application level exception in for Roon and RAATServer — Is that something you’re able to do?

I use pfsense and cannot add an application level exception. I assume the likelihood of a feature request for Roon to register a domain name for the authorization server or redirect port 9200 on the roonlabs.com domain is very low. I will continue what I am doing if I have problems later.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.