How can I fix a wrong title name?

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Track 18 of CD8 from “Ivan Moravec Portrait” is not correct. It should be Capriccio by Brahms. But it’s now recognised as the third chapter of Brahms Piano Concerto No.1.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

I tried to prefer title names from files in the Metadata Preferences (both the track and the whole album) and failed.

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local files.

Screenshot of import settings

Roon names are preferred in the Import settings. But I suppose I can change just the setting of the album.

Description of the issue

I’ve also tried to move local files out of the library and then put it back with different folder name. Still not working.

And sometimes the client crash when I click “Settings”.
macOS 12.4 with Roon 1.8 build 952. (MacBook Pro with M1 Pro)

I See

Tracknumber 18/23 ?

Discnumber 7/11 ?

I rip the CDs with XLD. As you can see, the discnumber is stored like “7/11”, meaning the 7th disc of 11 discs.

Foobar2000, MP3TAG and others shows totaldiscs and totaltracks in this way, but is this the problem?

Screenshot_20220527_163100

I guess not. All the other CDs are ripped the same way. Track 17 is 17/23 and the title is correct.

I use this

$cut(%album artist%,50)/$cut(%album%,80) [’[’%date%’]’ ]%H%/$num(%discnumber%,2)%tracknumber%. [$cut(%artist%,50) - ]$cut(%title%,50)

and get a folders for all my Album Artist

Every Album Artist has then folders for Albums with Releasedate and Version

All Albumfolders get this

Disknumber Tracknumber Trackartist and Title

Qobuz makes this:

CD 8

Is your tagging clear enough?

My structure:
Folder: “Moravec, Ivan - Portrait[Supraphon]”
Subfolder: “CD07”
Filename: “18 Brahms: Capriccio in B minor, Op.76 No.2.m4a”

CD8 is correct as below.

Preference for the title is not working. Rescan is not working. That puzzles me now.

Help this?

or

and I love this

Thank you for your help and recommendation. I’ll read the guide. I’m new to Moravec and he is wonderful.

1 Like

Try using the work part tags for that and see if that works. https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/file-tag-best-practice

2 Likes

Thank you. It works! Still puzzled why get into this situation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.