Roon Core Machine

QNAP TS-453 with latest version of Roon for QNAP

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Not relevant

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

About 15000

Description of Issue

A while after I upgrades to Roon 2.0 (Build 1133) on my QNAP NAS from one day to the other I couldn’t see the local content of my library, only the Albums I imported from Tidal.

I De-Installed Roon from the NAS, deleted the Roon directories and files on the NAS, made a copy of the directory holding my files.

Then I re-installed Roon for the NAS, added the copy of the directory holding my files to my library, and the result was 0 Artists, 0 Albums, 0 everything

I tried force rescan, uninstalling Roon, restarting the NAS, installing Roon again, perform the procedure outlined above again, but the result was still 0 Artists, 0 Albums, 0 everything

It appears to me that Roon is storing a hidden file somewhere which tracks the files which have been added at an earlier occasion, and preventing the re-import, potentially because of concerns for duplicates.
Is there any way to fully delete/reset the Roon database so that it acts as if it has been installed for the first time, and adding a directory to the library actually results in the library to be visibly populated?

Thanks a lot!

Michael

I see you’ve deleted the Roon directories but just to be sure

That has been done. In fact I just stopped and uninstalled the RoonServer, then deleted the Roon Data Directory.
After that I re-installed RoonServer on a different drive of my NAS (Where it hasn’t been installed before), then started it, reconnected my Roon client, and added my music directory. The result, even after forced rescan, is the same: Nothing gets imported.

Hey @Michael_Werner,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, I was able to take a deeper look into your account and see that Roon is currently recognizing 12484 tracks in your library. Is this correct? Or, are you still running into issues with roon properly importing files from your Nas?

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

Hi Ben,
I was able to resolve the issue, by visiting roononnas.org. However it is to be noted that the roon documentation did not contain information on the issue.
Kind regards,
Michael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.