How can I get my artist pictures back?

Content you’re reporting an issue with

My self-imported artist pictures have been changed by Roon and are now gone for me.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Yes: I added or edited pictures to many artists in different ways.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

From my local library (at least mostly)

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Since I do not like black & white images I have replaced scores of artist photos with images I prefer. These have now obviously been overwritten with the new version.
In consequence Roon again looks rather ugly to me again.
I quite like the new art director tool, but I cannot have its results overwrite my curated data.
How can I get my pictures back? I do have a backup from right before the upgrade, so the data should be available.

Hi @Elmar_Heimes

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We apologize for the delay in responding. I had hoped to get back to you sooner and appreciate your patience.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re some issues after the update. We’ve received some isolated reports of this. Your artist image edits should be retained in your backup. You could try to restore a backup and see if your image edits are intact.

Please let us know if that helps. :+1:

Hi @jamie,

thanks for your follow-up on this.

The problem has not really been solved for me but it has become kind of less relevant.
I found out that only maybe 20 images had been lost and I could rather easily replace those or simply switch to Valence.
At first I was rather upset about this, but in the end it turned out to be OK - especially since the gain in functionality with Valence outweighs my small problems.

Hi @Elmar_Heimes,

Thank you for getting back in touch to let us know that you didn’t lose as many of your artist photos as you first thought and that the advantages of Art Director makeup for the initial disappointment. We really appreciate your positivity and courtesy! :pray:

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if we can help with anything else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.