How can I tell if Build 763 has been installed correctly?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus Rev. B

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology RT2600ac

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS Audio DirectStream DAC utilizing its I2S input from a Matrix X-SPIDIF 2 and powered by a Teddy Pardo LPS

Controlled by a 5th generation 32GB iPad Air

Description Of Issue
I’m not sure build 763 has been installed because I’m not seeing any difference on my iPad. Specifically the Queue button isn’t any larger and it is still near the center of the very small footer area the way it appeared when I first installed 1.8 a few days ago.

Is there a new iOS version? It has not appeared in the App Store for my region yet. Core and MacOS client have updated, though.

I don’t see any difference in appearance when I view my UI on my Mac either.

There could be an app update on the way

1 Like

Settings → About.

1 Like

Thanks, that helps a lot. I see now that I have installed Build 763 but my footer looks exactly the same. :confused:

1 Like

If there is we are probably waiting on Apple to approve it.

Why are you expecting it to be different?

.sjb

Because in the Build 763 announcement, it states that it would be. See this cut and paste from their announcement:

Is that 763 on the iPad and core or just core?

Sorry for the huge text in my last post.

At the time of writing this iPad is currently still stable at build 756 and the core is 763.

1 Like

Roon 1.8 has updated on all but IOS. That will drop when Apple gets it done.

My MacBook Air shows that it’s been updated to Build 763 but the footer doesn’t seem to have changed in appearance.

I would read “bigger hit area” as where you touch to activate a “button” or icon. So if you touch a little off centre or a bit to the left or right it still activates, not that the icons themselves will be bigger.

.sjb

3 Likes

Is a Mac book air classed as a touch device or a laptop?

It’s a laptop computer.

I see what you’re saying and I may have been overly optimistic and read more into it than I should have. :confused:

1 Like

The optimisations are for touch devices, so perhaps not showing.

Oh, I wasn’t aware that it only pertained to tablets and phone type devices.