How can this be...they have all been dead a while now

Can’t really verify but sounds plausible, that the respective record companies as rights owners “just do it” to get more revenue, since it’s the new hot s…t that the consumer demands…

A lot of artists either no longer own their music or are no longer here. To be honest I think many would agree that the sound engineers present when tracks were laid down and mixed might be better arbiters of authenticity. That said, Marley and Michael were both very active in the technical areas of their craft. Visiting Marley’s mixing studio at his house in Kingston was a joy. But also remember that any mix has to get sign off from someone. Even if listening to it isn’t part of that process.

Shame really. The production and SQ on his solo albums is awful IMO, particularly Listen Without Prejudice.

1 Like

Perhaps the title implies the need to not judge to hard :wink:

My wife complains I listen to too many dead people…but seriously some of the living ones dont do much for me to be brutally honest MQA or not they just dont cut it. Dont get me started on the lyrics :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

:joy: That was my first experience of music on CD and I enjoyed it enough to buy it and to start collecting CD’s rather than vinyl! I honestly don’t remember it being that bad!:joy:

1 Like

To be fair, the production on Faith isn’t too bad, but LWP always slightly disappoints, which is a shame as I love the album. Older is also lacking clarity and there’s quite a lot of boomy bass on it: Spinning the Wheel is one of my room correction test tracks :joy:.

1 Like

Got them all ripped on Roon, all first edition CD. I’m going to listen with new ears now!