How do a share stuff

Hi

I keep finding good stuff on Tidal I want to tell people about can I provide a link that they can then open in their Roon?

I am an adult so obviously have never used facebook which seems to be the only way to share.

1 Like

Do you mean create a link from within Tidal or roon?

Hi yeah, I would have thought amongst roon users we could fire off a link to an album to mates also using roon. But apparently all I can do is create a JPEG.

Oh well, it will do.

A lot of us would love this. We discover a lot of our music from other peoples’ recommendations.
It might be a little more complicated than it seems because any recommendation would have to find the equivalency in another user’s library. For example, if you shared a link to something in your library, none of us could get it. So Roon would then need to find an equivalent either in our own libraries, or an equivalent in Tidal, or maybe Qobuz.
Roon also seems to have ‘a thing’ about presenting something you don’t have. If you don’t stream, it won’t tell you about new albums on Tidal or Qobuz because you don’t have them.
So hard to tell if it’s difficulty, philosophy, or other priorities. But I’m sure this would make a great feature.

1 Like

I think seeing it in the thread I referenced is a good way to do it. Most of what we all post there only appeals to certain individuals and not others.

I think at this stage I would just settle for a better share menu on iphone at least, i.e it just jump to the normal share facilities so I can text it, or email or what ever to someone.

The jpeg would be alright in that circumstance

Hello @Gareth_Irwin,

Thanks for the feedback here. Since this appears to be "working as designed" I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.