How do I add an additional music folder to an Auralic Aries Mini HDD

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology NAS DS3612xs Roon V 1.6 (build 416) stable (64 bit) Tablet iPad Roon V 1.6 (build 438) stable (64 bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

I’m using Roon via iPad to Synology NAS Core server connected to the Auralic Aries G1 via Ethernet then via USB to the Chord Qutest DAC. My Router is a Netgear D7800 fibre router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Auralic Aries G1 via USB into Chord Qutest DAC and also Auralic Aries Mini with internal SSD

Description Of Issue

My Core is on my NAS. However I also have music stored on an internal SSD on my Aries Mini. How do I add this network drive so that i can view both my Synology NAS music folder on my Core and also my Auralic Aries Mini HDD too?

Hi Andrew,

In that case your Aries would be acting like a NAS. So you might review, the NAS connection information https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_What’s_the_best_way_to_configure_my_NAS_for_Roon%3F. I think Auralic uses smb, so I’d try an SMB connection.

Just as an FYI, the music will flow from your Mini TO the NAS then out again to the selected endpoint. If the endpoint IS the Aries, the music will do a circle. Aries to Roon Core on NAS to Aries.

I’ve added the network share and Roon is now working through it. I hope it works as expected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.