How do I download Hi-Res music files onto my QNAP NAS?

So yes at least with my NUC it is easy to set a BIOS setting so that the NUC will wake up from sleep whenever you send the NUC a WOL message over the ethernet cable. I am using an app called
Mocha WOL on my IPad. It is super easy to setup and configure and then send a WOL (wake on LAN) message to the NUC. Half way there!!!

However it looks like ROCK does not support a way to put the NUC to sleep. So without a way to put my NUC running ROCK to sleep it is pretty much useless to implement WOL. I also contacted Intel support and there are not any BIOS settings for putting the NUC to sleep. So why wont ROON implement a method to put my NUC to sleep when there has been ZERO activity for the past 2 hours? This is super trivial to implement. I don’t understand why ROON won’t do this.
My NAS goes to sleep when there is nothing going on and I can easily wake it up using WOL when I’m ready to enjoy some music. @nuwriy

Hello @TKelley,

Thanks for the feedback here. Since this appears to be "working as designed" I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.