How do I install Roon on Chrome OS?

Hello, recently I tried to install Roon on my Chrome OS device but none of the downloads would work, saying that they weren’t compatible! I’m wondering if there is a Roon download for Chrome OS? If there is, please post it here NOTHING MALICIOUS!!! If not, then is there a plan for the near feature to add a Roon download that’s compatible with Chrome OS?

Some people have managed to make an endpoint work but it isn’t supported in any way. As a core I think you won’t find anything.

1 Like

So I can’t install it on Chrome OS?

Assuming your ChromeOS device supports Android apps, the Android Roon Remote app does work. ChromeOS will never be a Roon Core (Server), however.

Because of the way ChromeOS sandboxes Android apps, you will have to manually enter the IP address of your Roon Core when you first run the Roon Remote app. On subsequent launches, it will remember the IP address for you.

Note that display scaling is broken/disabled when the Android app is running on ChromeOS, so depending on the resolution of your ChromeOS device’s display, it can be a bit of an eye chart…