How do I kill an album re-scan operation that JUST WILL NOT STOP?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core and Library both on iMac hard drive. MacOS 10.14.6. Roon 1.7 (build 610).

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Nucleus attached via Ethernet. Music continues to stream fine over the network.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Nucleus connected to Ayre Codex DAC via USB.

Description Of Issue
Selected fewer than 10 albums for re-scan under Album Edit panel. Re-scan stuck with no progress after more than 12 hours. Never-ending spinner. No obvious way to stop/restart re-scan. Previously worked fine.

Just restart the Mac if you have not already.

Tried that 3-4 times already. But the stuck re-scan is still there after restarting.

OK, the next step is to figure out if a corrupt file is tripping it up. Move the files and see if it normalises. If it does add them one by one until you find the one causing the issue.

I did move 6 albums out of my library. That reduced the stuck re-scanning from 1/4 to 1/2 albums. But don’t know now which two albums are still stuck. I’ve re-scaned dozens of albums (successfully) over the past few days, and I’m not aware of how to see which two albums are causing the remaining problem.

After nearly 24 hr of the hung re-scan, the Roon desktop app crashed. After relaunch the stuck re-scan problem was gone (!). I restored the previously moved music files back to my library and Roon promptly re-imported them and automatically re-scanned them without complaint. Go figure.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.