How do I make roon use embedded art for each track?

@support

This may seem odd, but I have a few albums where the embedded artwork for some tracks is not the same across the album. One “album” in particular has no album artwork, only what is embedded in the files, and each track’s artwork is different.

When I select this album, roon has chosen the artwork of the last track for the album to display as the album artwork- well, ok, it could have chosen the first but I guess it needed to choose one.

BUT, I would like the now playing screen/queue to show the (different) embedded artwork for each track. It currently shows the same (above) for all.

1 Like

Looking at this

i think artwork is done at the Album rather than track level.

If there is no album art in the folder though, it should use the embedded art. Every other server I’ve ever known does this.

1 Like

Roon is not “every other server” though… Roon marches to a different drum.

I’d still like an option to use embedded track art in the Edit Album/Edit Tracks if possible.

2 Likes

Hi @Timster — Thank you for sharing your feedback here, we always appreciate it!

I have moved this post to the Feature Requests section of Community. We can’t commit to adding this feature or provide a timeline for doing so, but a post in Feature Requests allows us to gauge interest for requested features. Our product team and developers keep a close eye on this category, so it’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Regards,
Dylan

2 Likes

Thanks Dylan

I would like to add my support for this request.

It is my number 1 want for the UI.

5 Likes

Thank you Steve :slight_smile:

Hi, thats really a thing I would like to see :grinning::grinning:!

Background: I have several collections (Various Artists albums), where I manually searched for all the album art for the individual tracks and embedded this within the tracks, e.g. for the Rolling Stone Magazine Best 500 of all time. I am coming from JRiver with JRemote on iPad. There the embedded cover art of the track was displayed within the playlist and also the current track display. If Roons supports this (maybe as alternate option for an album), this would be great!

I searched the forums to enable this embedded cover art display, but none of the tips worked for me.

4 Likes

I would also like to see support for multiple artwork in one album. I have several ‘test’ albums containing clips of tracks from various albums, all with the original artwork. It is not practical to use playlists here as that would include whole tracks.

1 Like

I ended up here because ‘every other server’ wasn’t good enough. :slight_smile:

I support this request but would rather priority was given to improving Radio (both types)

1 Like

+1 I also wondered that Roon does not support displaying Artwork of the current track.

I would also like to see this feature. I have many albums with different embedded artwork for each song. Room seems to pick the artwork from a random song in the album and uses it for the whole album. I am not fond of this feature.

1 Like

And on a related topic: Albums consisting of multiple discs will have a single artwork common for all discs (picked in some mysterious way). This is a really bad choice, since the album art for each disc often contain important information!

1 Like

This has been requested for years. Is Roon every going to do this?

2 Likes

I want it as well!

1 Like

This not being possible is a real PITA for me.
I have close to 500 live recordings of gigs and concerts (1h to 5h single file recordings) that I would like to store under the album ‘Live Recordings’ and would then like to add the poster/flyer and set-list from each concert as the cover art. Seem’s I can either have them all in one album, but with a single cover, or have 500 separate albums called ‘Live Recordings’ each with it’s own cover art. I cast the now playing screen onto my TV whilst playing music, so really want each concert to show it’s original poster.
I get that Roon is doing it’s own thing really well with ID’ing music etc, but it’s kinda BS that there isn’t a simple override function for this type of thing, particularly when about 80% of the music I’ve input into my library so far hasn’t been identified as it’s pretty niche and I’ve had to add all info manually anyway. Wondering if the £100 was worth it if I’m honest.

Unless I’m missing something really obvious (which I’d be happy to find out haha)

1 Like

I’m another user who would very much like the above feature. I have countless releases with different embedded artwork for each track. It would be a very good thing if as each track played, its embedded artwork was displayed. And somebody mentioned box sets all displaying just a single artwork. That would also be nice if as the various discs played through the box sets, each discs cover would come up.

2 Likes

Adding to my previous post, I’ll clarify specifically what would be greatly appreciated from this corner of the world.

A switch, (probably best off by default) that would cause the core to ignore what it thought was best for the album art and in its stead used the embedded artwork from each individual track, switching anew each time the tracks came up to play.

1 Like