How do I set my Innuos MK II as Roon core?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac IOS Bigsur

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi home network
Innuos MKII

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

ALTAIR ALCATEL

Description Of Issue

My IMac is now the Roon core but it seems Roon takes a lot of working memory when I want to listen to music. We use the INNUOS MKII as ripping machine but we would like to set it up as core. I tried this before but it didn’t work out. Can anyone tell me how to do this without losing 4000 ripped cd’s?
Thanks,
Birgit

I don’t think that the Innuos MkII can be used as a Core machine. It’s a streamer and as such it does not have enough horsepower to run the Core.

I run it as Roon core all the time . It has the juice

Hi @Birgit_Jaarsma

You’ll want to follow our migration guide here

If you have any questions about this process please let me know!

Quite incorrect.

Happy to be wrong. I looked it up on their web site and it never mentions using it as a Core so I assumed…

Thank you all! I wil look at the Migration site on the Roon website… Today I wanted to update the Innuos… but something went wrong… it downloaded all the updates and installed them but wouldn’t restart anymore and now the network can’t find the Innuos anymore…

Has anyone had this problem and knows a solution?

Birgit

It’s a weird relationship between Innuos and Roon. I wish they’d speak to each other, so annoying.
Nevertheless I run my zenith as a Roon core, no problems at all.

However unless Innuos gets their act together regarding Roon my next streamer upgrade will not be an Innuos. And that would be a shame as they are an excellent product.

Cheers
H

Did it work?
Cheers
H

Dear Dylan,

I need some help (urgently…). I tried to contact Innuos since Tuesday…but they are to busy to help. I want to change te ROON Core. Now my Mac, from which I run ROON is the core but it is pulling it no longer … I want our Innuos to be the core. I made all the backups and read the Migration instructions 3 times…
But step 2 is not clear to me… I think your migration instructions are for external core’s and not for changing from iMac Core to Innuos core… What do I do after I made all the backups? Could you please help me out? My computer is getting a new harddisk tomorrow and then it has to be migrated… How do I download the ROON backup (on a USB harddisk) in the Innuos? Your step 2 says … if I connect it and start ROON…I wil get a message … but the Innuos is now still ‘thinking’ that the Mac is the core… and the Mac thinks the same… ha ha ha…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.