How do I unidentify an album

Content you’re reporting an issue with

The album is the Hagen Quartett’s recording of Schubert’s String Quintet with Schiff.

RoonShareImage-638055073041702593

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

I have tried to edit the metadata after I allowed roon to miksidentify the album.

Is the album identified in Roon?

It is actually misidentified.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

It is a local file.

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

The album has two compositions, Schubert’s Striing Quintet and Beethoven’s Grosse Fuge in Bb. It was unidentified when I first added it to roon. When I manually asked roon to identify it, roon found what looked to me like the correct album, but I didn’t look closely enough - my bad. I actually allowed roon to identify the Gross Fuge as a movement from Schubert’s Quartettsatz. While I can change the title and composer of the track to the Beethoven, roon still thinks the composition is the Schubert. I did delete the tracks completely from the hard drive and then unzipped them again. But roon still has the mistaken metadata. So I look for help to do one of two things:

1. Change the composition of the existing track. As I said I can change the title of the track and have done so, but that does not change the composition roon associates with the track which is what I need to do.

2. Delete the album from the hard drive (I have it in a zip file so I can always reinstall it) and make roon forget all about the album allowing me to start all over.

For the record allmusic has the correct album Hagen Quartett - Schubert: String Quintett; Beethoven: Great Fugue Op.133 [Germany] Album Reviews, Songs & More | AllMusic so I am at a loss to understand why roon didn’t identify it correctly from the start.

Try selecting the album, next to play now click the 3 dots,edit,edit album, scroll down and there are various options including composition , the options vary depending on the album. See if anything there will help you sort it.

You could try re-identify
3 dots,edit, scroll down

I finally figured out how to do it. I deleted just the track with wrong composition using the Delete Track function in roon and the unzipped it again. roon added it as a separate album, but I merged the old version and the new and now things seem correct.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.