How long can a topic not about MQA remain not about MQA?

It’s all about the LED.

I haven’t quite become a master of all this yet however my LED has blown which was authenticated by a friend, looks like a quality issue, will it affect sound reproduction?

Russ

1 Like

that will probably affect all forms of reproduction…

1 Like

MQA? No bells ringing here. Neither pre nor post.

Hey guys, MQA is rubbish. I’m right and you’re wrong, because my product says so.

1 Like

After extensive blind testing, I can definitively say that this topic sounds at least as greater than the other ones.

2 Likes

But is it what the original poster intended?

Russ

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but it costs more to read it…

3 Likes

No…you got it all wrong. Take the original post and increase the font size by as much as you can, then add some random letters in between the words and if you are feeling brave change the character set. You don’t need anything else.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely an accepted fact that my character set sounds better than your character set.

Are you randomising it in software or hardware?

All of you are BIG FAT LIARS.

Sorry, wrong forum. I thought I was on Computer Audiophile.

9 Likes

I have a number of albums in my collection by Blur. I am now concerned about MQA deblurring. Can the Roon devs confirm that my copy of Parklife will not simply disappear ? Not so concerned ref Damon Albarn’s solo album. That’s rubbish.

9 Likes

I need a higher resolution DAC. I can only get Ben Folds to unfold twice. I’m pretty sure the studio master had him folded three more times.

9 Likes

Ah that’s the best one yet !

I think that is outrageous that I need a new DAC for Ben.

Let me see if I can shed some light.

DSD - mathematically inferior to plain old PCM, especially at higher bit-rates. However, there are some EXCELLENT DSD (SACD) recordings out there you may want to find. DSD was simply Sony’s way of trying to reinsert its licensing rights to the music you listen to once its patents ran out on PCM. There is no inherent sound quality improvement, in fact quite the opposite.

MQA - potentially improved bandwidth allocation through intelligent compression of quality. This could be very worthwhile for streaming audio, but will be inferior to uncompressed audio played locally. You can’t get something for nothing. This is why Tidal is such a big supporter. If you do not listen to Tidal (or another streaming system which uses MQA) you will not experience any increase in quality whatsoever. This is another attempt at licensing a proprietary digital encoding system when simple PCM at hi-resolution is the best you will be able to obtain in a lossless format.

nuff said.

1 Like

And we have a winner !!!

1 Like

This thread is in danger of becoming actually about MQA. And I for one am not rising to the bait.

4 Likes