How long can a topic not about MQA remain not about MQA?

@Ludwig Sorry you cannot accept my apologies. OK it was in the wrong key and not intended as a smear.

Itā€™s OK; thereā€™s a cream for that.

(Or something.)

The original was so compressed its no use anyway.

6 Likes

Genius! :joy:

As the OP on this thread, I can tell you the blue light is lit but, truthfully, I do not recognize this output.

More Questions Again ā€¦

My DOG is good at unfoldingā€¦If I give her the first unfolded signal maybe she can unfold the second partā€¦I might to insert a treat though :yum:

a DOG is like a DAC isnā€™t it, if I take my glasses off they look like the same spelling so maybe its close enough? Or maybe thats just the blurring in play.

If you insert a treat the signal is not bit perfect any longer. The dog must pass the signal in exclusive mode (remember to clean up after it). A DAC can be a messy thing even if does fetch your slippers. HUGO seems like a nice name for a dog.

And remember: Do not try to plug in an Audioquest Jitterbug into the dog. They donā€™t like them.

4 Likes

You are right about the treat and bit perfect but I thought adding bits would be OK isnā€™t that the same as upsampling?

We did some origami at home yesterday and there are bits of paper strewn all over the floor. Do you think I could make a crane out of them, if I put them through a decoder?

You need a P2C ā€¦ its like I2S but does paper to crane

3 Likes

Ludwig, you obviously havenā€™t been paying any attention to MQA threads for the last three years.

You need an encoder, not a decoder, to make a crane. If youā€™re not very good at that sort of thing then Warner can sell you one ready-made on the back of a truck:

Warner Crane Truck for sale.

1 Like

Having read all of the posts in this thread, the only way I can describe it is that it feels like a veil has been added.

1 Like

George was ahead of his time. In 1970 he was already talking about bitperfect and dog digestion. Itā€™s clearly all about MQA. But of course this thread is not about MQA.

BTW George grew up to be Gandalf.

Maybe that is what happens when you unfold too many times. Is that a laughing Gnome? David would be proud. More Questions Answered

2 Likes

Ah! I see what you did there, Paul. Clever.

I have to admit I never noticed Gandalf was wearing gumboots under his robes.

The image is only clear when the robe is unfurledā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦unfolded, surelyā€¦?

1 Like

I was leaving it for someone else to say. After all, this thread is not about MQA.

Moderators have received some complaints that this thread has veered off topic and almost discussed MQA. The origami was quite calming. Letā€™s stick to that.

2 Likes