How long can a topic not about MQA remain not about MQA?

Maybe we should just allow the whole discussion to fold of its own volition.

1 Like

Once the robe is unfurled, the package within gets up-sampled, so its taken from a small package to a huge one?

who are you all trying to fool: this thread is definitely about MQA since the very start :grin:
not only: itā€™s the more unfolding one out there :wink:

Clearly those gumboots are stuffed with DRM. He wants everybody to buy them and corner the market. The rest of us are left with moist feet. I say upsampling to DSD is a much more reliable way to keep those toes dry.

DSD? Youā€™re leaving the fold?

You got me. I folded.

Iā€™m not sure I am in the right place, but I am certain my children are indulging in MQA. Everything they say to me is incomprehensible and they have a glazed far away look in their eyes. Its almost as if a veil has been lowered. Is this what you kids are into these days ?

3 Likes

Maybe itā€™s LSDā€¦I think my car had one of those too.

I miss this thread. I felt myself enveloped in a warm safe place, away from bickering, like being folded up in a secure blanket.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not going to mention the Mā€¦ phrase but if it transmits the sound we heard with Emily Barker and her amazing band at the Kings Place Hall 1 last night in Kings Cross I will be very pleased indeed.

I think the feeling is Universalā€¦

4 Likes

Oh very good. Chapeau.

The whole thing has rendered me speechless

Must be speech is below the noise floor, or moved above the audio range, this allows for the vocals to shine.
This is probably why there are no VOW (fixed) audio books around. Hence speechless :no_mouth:

1 Like

News just in - Bob Stuart has reported that the whole thing was just an elaborate hoax ! It seems that the whole ā€œaudio origamiā€ thing came to him in a dream and he thought it would be good fun to tease audiophiles. The whole prank just got out of hand. Makes sense really. I mean audio files ā€œunfoldingā€ ?? What were we thinking ? Good one Bobā€¦

Back to the Green pen on your discs, like little flying saucersā€¦

Mods, someone mentioned that MQA-thingy again. No idea what it is, but I do know itā€™s off topic and has no place in this thread.

Forgive me Iā€™m from Australia - I have changed it our local acronym :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Apology accepted.

There was a music hall in London during the 70s (I think) that was a popular venue. Every evening the compĆØre would do a little banter and try and get a bit of audience participation to liven things up. The compĆØre would always start asking where people were from (London, Brighton, etc) and slowly get further and further afield.

Eventually he would ask ā€œIs there anyone here from Australia?ā€. Invariably there would be one or two at which point the whole of the rest of the audience (having been before and being in on the joke) would chorus in unison: ā€œHow does it feel to be the right way up?ā€

5 Likes

To bring this back on topic.
Folding technology is limited to 6 times not 8 or above. Take a sheet of A4 and try it.