How many of us are waiting in front of our screens now for 1.3 to arrive?

I’ll probably update mine next week sometime. I’m quite happy with 1.2

1 Like

Hi All

Got the Email - Roon 1.3 coming today.

Great - but what next?

Do I download the new version from somewhere? Is there an option in Roon to update to latest version? Or does it simply download automatically when I open it and its available?

Fingers crossed it includes support for Tidal MQA Maters decoding and ways to actually search for them.

Thanks
Bill

When your Roon software has downloaded the new update, it will notify you that an update is available. And regarding MQA, I understand it is coming in a later update.

@danny you should know at least i’m in no hurry here :wink: I’m just glad you made all the hard work and i have just reinstalled my server and doing lots of fixes with ESXi at the moment and getting my raid card up and running so i can access my music so its all good!

But i have a quick question!

I want to run a dedicated small low resource VM for Roon 1.3 and I was wondering would the Linux be the best way to go? i got another VM with SMB share or NFS or whatever would end up being the best for Roon1.3, I know your busy so all I wish for is a simple yes/no and if no i will contact you in a few days when 1.3 settled.

What a chicken! Actually I might chicken out too and backup tonight. I’d forgotten to backup flushed:

1 Like

ok, one little issue we had to test… 1.3 is not compatible with 1.2 … so you have to upgrade everything…we wanted to make sure that if you have the middle setting set (default) of auto-take-minor-and-bugfixes, it wouldnt automatically download/install.

we’ve confirmed that, so release is in progress

sorry for the delays… we are all going nuts like you because we are sooooooooo close

4 Likes

Hi Danny, do you mean 1.2 Remote Apps won’t work with 1.3 Roon Server? So all Remote Apps need to be upgraded? Cheers mate

The download has begun…

1 Like

Yay! Updating my db…

1 Like

And it’s live!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Lucky! Still no update for me.

Updating database in the DMV.

Select settings and then about … Roon will then check for an update.

DSP upsampling works with my microRendu — I was worried that I would have to wait for a sonicorbiter os update for the microRendu to work with 1.3.

Is the change log anywhere that we can have a look (while waiting for the update to be completed?

It downloaded 1.3 for my mac client but not the rooncore server at the same time, then complained that the server needed upgrading but then after clicking update rooncore, all was well. Just odd that it didn’t download rooncore first or at the sametime as the roon client. looking foward immensely to playing with the new features.

Come on @danny, don’t be holding this up because your team is thumb typing release notes. :joy::joy:

Thanks Roon guys. I am updating and grateful. I know you’ve been working hard to get this update out so I can get my Roon updated prior to the Vikings season finale on tonight. :joy:

No complaints. Just thanks.