How many times does one have to click on a button for it to work?

I have the same problem using mac as a remote control to innuos zen mini .It comes and goes though

Hi @noris,

Of course, happy to help!
Please find below video. This is captured from my Mac Pro (Late '13) and interaction is via a Magic Trackpad 2 connected via Bluetooth.

You can see the issue occuring on four occasions:

• 0:11 - Click on ā€œBiscuits for Breakfastā€ album
  • 0:14 - Another click on ā€œBiscuits for Breakfastā€ album
  • 0:27 - Click on ā€œPerfect Darknessā€ album
  • 0:41 - Click on ā€œIf You Stayed Overā€ track

All of above clicks and other functional clicks registered the same haptic feedback from the trackpad. I havenā€™t really noticed a similar behaviour with this interacting w/ Mac OS so Iā€™ll assume the operating system itself has registered these as a click, though not sure how I can prove this. But a faint light-up of albumsā€™ and trackā€™s surroundings on the attempts at above timestamps make me think the clicks themselves are registed/recived by the Mac itself (To a degree at least?)

Logs are here as requested:

Hope these help, please let me know if you need any other resources.

Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks for sending those over @Yargi_Erel, Iā€™ve forwarded the logs + video over to the team! Can I please request that you leave these uploaded for now?

If you need the storage space or the video/logs are expiring soon, please just let me know and Iā€™ll provide an alternate location you can upload for longer storage, thanks!

1 Like

Hey @noris ,

Sure, donā€™t think streamable gets rid of them, but the embedding might stop working after a while so goinh to the link directly should still be good to view them.

Iā€™ll leave the link to the latest video directly below so please let me know if it fails when you guys are trying to see it, happy to provide the actual file then in the way that suits you guys.

___https://streamable.com/4c5b9w

Cheers,

1 Like

Yargi, who was helping me confirm the existence of a separate UI problem, asked if I could chime in with my experience.

Iā€™m a recent lifetime subscriber, and just finding my way around the Roon ecosystem. It took me a while to realize that the trackpad problems I was having were only happening in Roon.

I donā€™t always have to click multiple times, but to avoid that, I have to click firmly and hold it for a half second or so to let Roon know I really mean it.

Needless to say, continually finding myself clicking links twice in order to get an effect is not consistent with the otherwise extremely high quality of the Roon user experience.

2 Likes

Hi @Matthew_Davis,

Thanks for chiming in here! Can you please let us know the following information so we can add your report to the investigation?

1. Core model/manufacturer
  2. Network Setup info including model/manufacturer
  3. Item that needs multiple clicks to work
  4. A short video of this behavior

Please let us know this when possible, thanks!

My Roon install was out of commission for a little while as I worked out the kinks in a core migration from the Mac to a dedicated ROCK machine.

The bizarre thing is that now, it seems like the clicking problem is gone.

I did replace the Roon version on my Mac, so perhaps there was a version number upgrade that fixed it. Or perhaps this is something that only happens when the core is on the same machine with the remote?

Maybe Iā€™m just imagining a change, and Iā€™ll notice it again later. If so, I will check back in.

1 Like

Thanks for the update here @Matthew_Davis, if you notice the issues return, just let me know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 176 days. New replies are no longer allowed.