How to access all of my playlists on Roon Remote iOS?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

My core machine: Roon Nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Roon Nucleus is hardwired to Ethernet using a QNAP switch.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I have three DACs that I play music through: Chord Qutest; Ayre QX-8; and a MSB Premier DAC. The Chord Qutest is connected via my iMac (which I use as my primary Roon app); the Ayre QX-8 and the
MSB Premier DAC are connected via Ethernet.
Description Of Issue

On the Roon Remote app on my iPhone, I can’t access all of my playlists. I have two categories of playlists: Mark’s Playlists and My Playlists. On the iMac Roon app, there is a drop-down menu under Playlists that allows you to select either Mark’s Playlists or My Playlists (or any others you have created). On the Roon Remote on the iPhone, I can only access Mark’s Playlists; there is no drop-down menu when you tap Playlists.

What am I missing? There must be a way to access all your playlists using Roon Remote.

I’ve attached two screen shots:
Screenshot of Roon Remote iOS:

Screenshot of Playlists on the iMac Roon app:

Hello @Mark_Salkind — In the second screenshot it looks like Shared Playlists is set to “Off”. Can you turn that on and let me know if that resolves this for you?

No, setting Shared Playlists t “On” does nothing for the Roon Remote Playlists on iOS. On my iPad, when you click on Playlists, you get the same dropdown menu that you do on the Roon app on my iMac, but on Roon Remote on my iPhone when you click on Playlists nothing drops down. Is this by design in the software?

Hi @Mark_Salkind,

Yes, the mobile versions of Roon have limitations for what options that appear, so that’s by design.

Are you using the same Roon Profile for both?

You have solved the problem. I had my Roon Remote profile set to “Mark” rather than “Mark Salkind.” When I switched it over to Mark Salkind on Roon Remote iOS, I was able to access all my playlists under My Playlists on the Roon app on my iMac. I’ve attached a screenshot of my profile choices on Roon Remote iOS below.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.