How to add the new Roon TV Remote Extension back into my ROON Sever Software

Roon Core Machine

I had this working before but now it doesn’t. I have the Apple TV Roon Remote in my AppleTV 4K, but doing some troubleshooting to fix this before, one suggestion was to remove the authorized extension in my Roon Server running on my MacPro and re-install, but as soon as I removed it, I couldn’t work out how to re-install the extension.

can someone help me do a complete clean install of the new Apple TV Roon Remote so that it will work now again on my AppleTV 4K in sync with my Roon Server. All are on the same network, but my AppleTV 4K Roon TV Remote cannot see my Roon Server Core… probably as I removed the extension.

How can I get it back working…?

Regards,
Anthony

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi @Anthony_McCarthy,

The TV:Remote should discover the core when it starts, it’ll prompt you on the screen how to enable the extensions once it discovers the core. However in some case’s core discovery may fail.

If discovery fails to locate the core, you can enter the Roon Core’s IP address and Port number in ATV > Settings > Apps > TV:Remote. Set “Connect using Core IP Address” to “On”

The Roon Core IP and Port number can be found via a Roon client under Settings > Displays > Web display URL

Russell

1 Like

Hello Russell V and thank you so so much for your reply.

I tried all that yesterday actually… but when I go to press the Port Number option in the Settings/Apps/TV:Remote section, that menu instantly quits back to the main menu… not sure it’s a glitch or something… I’m running the latest software version of AppleTV OS. I have all the other info correctly entered by I’m unable to change the port number from 9100 to 9300, which it should be.

Maybe in future AppleTV OS this glitch might be resolved and I can try and get it to work again.

Regards,
Anthony

1 Like

I have the same problem :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Anthony_McCarthy, @Mikael_Rasmussen

Does the port number crash persist after a clean install of the TV:Remote app?

Russell

@R_102

Yes, it does. have tried reinstalling 2 times and it does not help

Same with me also, I have uninstalled and re-installed the app many times… always the same result… I have also restarted the AppleTV box and still no change… as soon as I press on the Port Number menu option the app immediately quits.

Anthony

1 Like

Same here on all counts. Many reinstalls, and the best I get is the app finds the core, tells me to go to Roon, settings , extensions, and enable but there is no extension to enable in the Roon app!

Think I’ve got a fix for the Port Number crash. I’ll share a TestFlight build.

1 Like

Sooo… Russell, this is grrrrrreat news… but how do I install a TestFlight version on my AppleTV 4K… ?

Apologies for my ignorance.

Hi Anthony,

You should receive a PM with a link for theTestFlight build. If you following the link on an iPhone/iPad it should prompt you to join the beta branch for the TV:Remote app.

Once accepted, download the TestFlight app from the Apple TV App Store. Once signed in with your Apple ID you should see the a download icon for the TV:Remote app

1 Like

Boooommmm!!! :slight_smile:
The solved the issue for me in about 5mins… my beloved ROON TV:Remote is back working!! All is well in balance with the Universe now again… thank you so so so much for having the patience and technical skills to help resolve this long standing issue for me Russell. If you are ever in Ireland… there’s a few pints of Guinness waiting here for you!!

Thank you.

Regards,
Anthony

1 Like

Awesome, glad that saved the issue. I’ll include the fix in the next App Store release.

Regards,
Russell

Hi, I have the same problem and was wondering when you will release the next update, otherwise could PM me a link for the test flight build. Many thanks.

Hi @Helen_Stephenson, the next release still needs to go through App Store approval. In the mean time I’ve PM’d you a link to the TestFlight build.

Hi Russell, I don’t have an iphone/ipad and my macbook doesn’t have a new enough OS. Are you able to send me a redeem code to install it on my Apple TV?

R_102
Russell V

Could u please send me a link for the Beta build on TV Remote for Apple TV4k 2021 in TestFlight?
My system have the crash when i try to change the port number

Thnks…

@Helen_Stephenson @Morten_Valbjorn, I’ve just released the port number crash fix to the App Store (v1.2.4). It should appear within the next few hours.

@Anthony_McCarthy I’d suggest uninstalling the TestFlight beta build and installing fresh from the App Store.

R_102
Russel V

Confirming that…TV Remote is working on my Apple TV 4k 2021…Did u’r suggestions

Thnks…

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.