My Roon Core is an iMac. Back-ups of my Roon database are to the iMac’s HD. I have read and re-read the back-up instructions but remain unsure how to back up to an external drive rather than the hard drive of my iMac. I plug my USB drive into the computer and it shows up on the desktop. Then what? Any step-by-step help (including how to select an external drive as the back-up destination) appreciated. Thanks.
noris (Noris) #2
Our Backup Knowledge Base Article provides some useful info regarding your questions, but let me try to summarize the steps for you here:
- Plug in your external drive to the iMac
- Navigate to Roon Settings -> Backup tab and either select a recurring scheduled backup or select a manual backup by clicking the button next to “Backup Now”
- Next, press “Select location…” and chose the external drive from the left-hand drive navigator
- Point Roon to the folder you would like the backup to reside in or create a new folder using the button towards the bottom and press “Select this folder”
- Press the “Start” button to begin the backup
This is what step #3 will look like:
Hope this helps!