How to check database before updating to 880/882

Yes, that would be great. But I am rather pessimistic as to its feasibility as a short-term solution for those affected at this moment. But it should be definitely considered. Maybe create a feature suggestion and we can vote for it?

For local music, adding tags by using ROONALBUMTAG and ROONTRACKTAG in the music files, means that if you had to restart from scratch Roon will automatically populate the Tags. Tags added to streaming content, I don’t think so, as it only resides in the database.

1 Like

I’m happy to report that after reading a lot here that I decided to update to 882. After restarting my Core twice everything is fine. I was able to backup on 882. Thanks to @Andreas_Philipp1 for the quick and thoughtful responses. And to anyone that posted here. Great advice to rely on the metadata in my original files rather than edit in Roon in the future. And to export playlists. Also much thanks to @danny for all the posts the last couple days regarding how the database works. I hope you feel better. I’m enjoying my music and the new search seems MUCH improved. Thanks again all.
Dan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.