How to completely empty queue?

current playing track (though playing was stopped before emptying queue) is still there even after a computer restart :expressionless:

thanks

Isn’t that by design? The currently playing track is (to my mind) no longer in the queue - it’s “currently playing”. And I rather like the fact that Roon remembers exactly what it was currently playing (even to the point in the track) following reboots…

I guess it is indeed
it makes sense usually (when resuming play in a subsequent session), it doesn’t at all when one stops playing and emptyies the queue :wink:

It does make sense, but it’s not always what I want.
From very early days of Roon I pointed out that the only way I could find to “Clear All” is to Clear Queue, drag the slider along the currently playing track until near the end, let it play, and wait for
Nothing playing :frowning:
Go find something to play!

It might be just me, but when I press stop and then clear the queue it’s because I’ve finished listening for that session and I don’t want something sitting there part way through. I want a clean screen!

1 Like

I can understand that, but Roon doesn’t have a “stop” button - it’s actually a “pause” button. Perhaps the thing to do is to raise a feature request to have a stop button added to the Play controls…

1 Like

not just you :wink:

1 Like

See my post from May 2015 in Feature Requests

Thought I should say thanks to the Roon team for adding this Feature Request in recent updates.
My anal tendencies have finally been answered, and a neat solution at that - Clear Queue > Clear.

1 Like

Interesting discovery. I had to delete and reinstall Roon. After the re-install, the album that was playing from the old install came up as current album. Roon must keep that information in its library and moving Roon to the trash on a Mac doesn’t delete that library, of course. Which brings up the question as to how one completely de-installs Roon.

There are a few standard locations for Roon’s database, assuming a mac:

OSX
Roon
/Users/ [your user name]/Library/Roon

Roon Server (headless)
/Users/ [your user name]/Library/RoonServer

To find your Roon folder on OSX:
Open Finder and click Go in the top bar
Hold down the Alt key to unhide the Library folder
Click the Library folder

If you delete or move this you will lose any meta edits or settings you have changed.

Hope this helps

I don’t have a Mac, so I don’t know how to completely de-install Roon on one, but on a Windows machine, as well as uninstalling the program, I would ensure that the Roon data folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Roon) was deleted as well…

Thanks, I’ll put it in the file cabinet.

You can also press and hold Clear Queue :wink:

1 Like

Even more elegant!
That’s made my day. thanks @mike

2 Likes